Likewise: where is the line in between acronyms, initialisms, and mumbo jumbo?
* * *
Relevant Research Study & & References
Here s where you can discover more about individuals and concepts in this episode:
- Inside the Operation Warp Speed Effort to Get Americans a COVID-19 Vaccine, by David Martin ( 60 Minutes, 2020).
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance, by Angela Duckworth (2016 ).
- The Mechanics of Human Achievement, by Angela L. Duckworth, Johannes C. Eichstaedt, and Lyle H. Ungar ( Social and Character Psychology Compass, 2015).
- SpaceX Boss Elon Musk Threatened ‘Drastic Action’ Against Employees Who Use Unnecessary Acronyms, by Jeff Stone ( International Service Times, 2015).
- Newton’s Philosophy, by the Stanford Encyclopedia of Approach ( 2014).
- In Praise of Ancient Technologies, and Aptonyms, by Freakonomics Radio ( 2007 ).
- Senator, Arrested at Airport, Pleads Guilty, by The New York City Times ( The New York City Times, 2007).
- Labor Supply of New York City Cabdrivers: One Day at a Time, by Colin Camerer, Linda Babcock, George Loewenstein, Richard Thaler ( The Quarterly Journal of Economics, 1997).
- Conscious Use of Metaphor in Outward Bound, by Stephen Bacon (1983 ).
- Distance, Rate and Time, by Math.com.