Likewise: is it incorrect to feel inured to the pandemic?
* * *
Relevant Research Study & & References
Here’s where you can discover more about individuals and concepts in this episode:
- “Beyond Self-Control: Mechanisms of Hedonic Goal Pursuit and Its Relevance for Well-Being,” by Katharina Bernecker and Daniela Becker ( Character and Social Psychology Publication, 2020).
- “Are you experiencing compassion fatigue?” by Rebecca A. Clay ( American Psychological Association, 2020).
- “Physical Activity Helps Prevent a Heart Attack and Stroke,” by Healthwise Personnel ( University of Michigan, 2019).
- “The Benefits of Delaying Gratification,” by Ilene Strauss Cohen ( Psychology Today, 2017).
- “Life Orientation Test- Revised (LOT-R) Versus Academic Score in Various First Year Health Professional Students,” by Puja Dulloo ( Journal of Scientific and Diagnostic Research Study, 2016).
- “Very Happy People,” by Ed Diener and Martin E.P. Seligman ( Mental Science, 2002).
- “Bad is Stronger than Good,” by Roy F. Baumeister, Ellen Bratslavsky, Catrin Finkenauer, and Kathleen D. Vohs ( Evaluation of General Psychology, 2001).
- “Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,” by Daniel Kahneman and Amos Tversky (Econometrica, 1979).
- “Freedom of the Will and the Concept of a Person,” by Harry G. Frankfurt ( The Journal of Approach, 1971).