- To publish music to Bandcamp, and begin earning money off of sales, you’ll initially need to produce an artist account.
- You can produce a totally free Bandcamp artist account by means of the site, or register for a premium Bandcamp Pro membership with extra functions.
- Bandcamp just takes a little cut of what you make– most merch sales and digital downloads go right to your pocket.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories
Bandcamp is a beloved website where independent artists share and offer their music. If you enjoy and support a band, there isn’t a far better location to purchase their music than on Bandcamp.
On a regular day, most of sales go straight to artists (Bandcamp takes 15% of digital sales and 10% of merch sales), however on the very first Friday of on a monthly basis, 100% go to bands. That’s a huge distinction compared to what a lot of streaming services are paying artists.
If you’re an artist, beginning your own Bandcamp is complimentary and submitting your music is simple. Here’s how to establish an artist account and how to publish your tracks.
How to produce an artist account on Bandcamp
Prior to you publish your music, you’ll need to make an artist account. It’s complimentary, however a paid tier does exist. Bandcamp Pro is $10 a month and consists of functions like personal streaming, the alternative to publish several tracks at the same time, and changing the default Bandcamp URL with your own domain.
1. Check Out the Bandcamp for Artists webpage.
2. Click “Register Now.”
3. Get in a band name, username, password, and e-mail address, and consent to the Regards to Usage. When done, click “Register.”
4. Select your category, include category tags, set your area, and click “Next.”
5. Lastly, select your URL. This is the URL that individuals will go to when they discover your music.
How to publish music to Bandcamp
When you have actually produced an account, you’ll have the ability to publish your tunes to the site. You can publish a single tune or an album of tracks. You can make your music offered totally free download, set a minimum rate, or enable your buddies and fans to pay whatever they desire.
Remember that you can just hand out a specific variety of complimentary downloads every month. And you’ll require a Pro account to make some tunes on an album complimentary, with others locked to purchasing the album.
1. Log in and visit your control panel.
2. On your control panel, click either “Include an album” or “include a track.”
3. Include a track name.
4. Set a cost (You can set the rate to $0). You can likewise inspect package to let fans pay more if they desire.
5. Include information about the track, lyrics, and credits (this is all optional).
6. Upload track art (if you desire).
7. Include tags, which will assist individuals discover your music.
8. Select what type of license your tune is under. If you’re independent, choose “All Rights Reserved.”
9. If signed up, include an IRSC code.
10. Include a release date.
11. Return to the top of the back and click “Conserve Draft.”
12. Click “Release.”
Your tune or album will be released on your authorities Bandcamp page, for individuals to stream or download.