Additional simple baked ziti made totally from scratch! Our preferred baked ziti dish is velvety and tacky with a mix of pasta, a 5 minute homemade sauce and 4 cheeses. Jump to the Extra Cheesy Baked Ziti Recipe or view our fast dish video revealing you how we make it.
See us make the dish
Our pointers for the very best baked ziti
I enjoy how fast this baked ziti is to make. The entire procedure takes about thirty minutes. Essentially, all you require to do is blend all the active ingredients together, contribute to a baking meal, and after that bake till bubbling and all the cheese melts.
Here’s the fundamental procedure for making it, the complete dish is shared listed below:
- Make the five-minute sauce. Utilize a food mill, mixer or food mill to integrate canned entire tomatoes with basil, garlic, olive oil and some velvety cheese. I utilize mascarpone cheese, however ricotta cheese or cream cheese will work, too.
- Partly prepare any tube-shaped pasta. Ziti, rigatoni and penne are all completely great to utilize. We like the tube-shaped pastas for this due to the fact that the sauce gets caught inside each piece of pasta. We just partly prepare the pasta so that when it bakes in the oven it does not overcook and end up being mushy.
- Mix the partly prepared pasta with the sauce and more cheese, and after that contribute to a baking meal.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or till the meal is bubbling and all the cheese is melted.
You might likewise enjoy our Baked Ziti with Spinach and Artichokes!
Making the ziti
You can constantly switch in store-bought or your own homemade sauce in this dish (you’ll require 3 1/2 to 4 cups), however our go-to sauce works marvels in this dish. You simply require a food mill, mixer or food mill to make it. (See our video to see how fast and simple it is!)
Any cheese that melts perfectly will work well in baked ziti. I like to utilize the following:
- Shredded mozzarella, which melts perfectly (or utilize chopped fresh mozzarella)
- Shredded fontina, which is nutty and sweet. It likewise melts perfectly.
- Parmesan or Romano cheese, which are tasty, salted and sharper in taste.
- Mascarpone or entire milk ricotta cheese We include this to our sauce to make it velvety. Another replacement is cream cheese, although this will include more of a tasty taste.
We keep our baked ziti meatless. If you ‘d choose to include meat, attempt stirring in some prepared fallen apart sausage or replace the sauce we require in our dish listed below for thiseasy meat sauce For a veggie jam-packed, vegetarian baked ziti, attempt the sauce we utilize to make our veggie spaghetti.
More simple baked pastas
Additional Cheesy Baked Ziti
Additional simple baked ziti made totally from scratch! Our preferred baked ziti dish is velvety and tacky with a mix of pasta, a 5 minute homemade sauce and 4 cheeses.
Makes 8 portions
You Will Require
1 pound dried pasta like ziti, penne or rigatoni
1 (28 ounce) can San Marzano entire tomatoes
1 cup (20 grams) fresh basil leaves or 3 tablespoons dried basil
1/2 teaspoon great sea salt, plus more to taste
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced (1 tablespoon)
1/2 cup (4 ounces) mascarpone cheese or utilize entire milk ricotta
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 1/2 ounces (1 1/2 cups) shredded mozzarella cheese
4 1/2 ounces (1 1/2 cups) shredded Fontina cheese
2 1/4 ounces (3/4 cup) shredded Pecorino Romano cheese
- Make Sauce
- Prepare Ziti
Integrate canned tomatoes and their juices, basil, garlic, salt, pepper and the mascarpone cheese in a mixer or food mill. (A food mill will likewise work.) Mix till the basil and garlic are sliced into little bits and the sauce is well blended. Taste and change with extra salt as required. Reserve.
Heat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (if your oven runs hot, minimize this to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.)
Bring a big pot of salted water to the boil, include the pasta, and after that prepare for about half of the suggested cook time on the bundle (5 or 6 minutes). Conserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water, drain pipes the pasta, and after that position it back into the pot. Undercooking the pasta ensures that it does not overcook when baked with the sauce in the oven.
In a medium bowl, toss the mozzarella, Fontina and Pecorino Romano cheese together.
Include the sauce, 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water and three-quarters of the shredded cheese mix to the pot with pasta. Stir well. The mix ought to look a bit thin, if it appears thick, include a splash more of the reserved pasta water.
Transfer the ziti mix to a big baking meal and top with the staying shredded cheese mix. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or till the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is melted and golden brown on top. Permit the baked ziti to cool for 5 minutes prior to serving.
Adam and Joanne’s Tips
- Usage store-bought sauce: You will require 3 1/2 to 4 cups of sauce to make this baked ziti.
- Nutrition truths: The nutrition truths supplied below are quotes. We have actually utilized the USDA database to determine approximate worths.
Nutrition Per Portion: Serving Size 1/8 of the dish / Calories 511 / Overall Fat 27.2 g / Hydrogenated Fat 15.7 g / Cholesterol 74.4 mg / Salt 511mg / Carb 46.4 g / Dietary Fiber 2.8 g / Overall Sugars 4.5 g / Protein 19.1 g