Crispy, crispy and salty-sweet, these candied pecans are constantly a hit. Wrap them up for presents, take pleasure in on their own or toss on top of salads and side meals. Jump to the Candied Pecans Recipe or continue reading to see how simple they are to make.
I enjoy these candied pecans. Thanks to the oven, the pecans lighten and crisp with a sweet and salted sweet finishing. Our dish is quite basic, however it can quickly be adapted to accommodate various spices, basically heat, and other nuts. Examine the recommended variations area listed below for some motivation.
There are 2 methods we like to make candied nuts: in the oven (like this dish) and on the stovetop (like in this stovetop recipe). We enjoy both dishes, however oven-baked candied nuts are my preferred. If you are brief on time, the stovetop approach is ideal. It takes less than 10 minutes. (The stovetop recipe is also egg-free.)
How to Make Candied Pecans in the Oven
If you can blend a couple of components together and move a flat pan in the oven then you can make these simple candied pecans. The hands-on time for this dish is brief! Here’s the standard procedure, the comprehensive dish is listed below.
- Make flavored sugar by rubbing sugar with a mix of spices, vanilla extract and orange enthusiasm. Orange enthusiasm is optional, however it includes a beautiful fragrance to the nuts.
- Beat an egg white with a fork. This is what assists the flavored sugar abide by the nuts. It likewise assists to develop a light and crispy candied finishing. When I initially made candied pecans, I was doubtful of the egg white, however after attempting it, I ended up being persuaded. I enjoy the texture it includes.
- Integrate the nuts, egg white and sugar mix.
- Spread the nuts onto a flat pan, ensuring that they remain in one layer.
- Bake, stirring periodically, up until the nuts are crisp.
Keeping Candied Pecans
Candied pecans last a while when kept in an airtight container. Leave them at space temperature level as much as a week, in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks and in the freezer for a month, perhaps more.
Utilize various spices: We require cinnamon in the dish listed below, however numerous spices will work. Think of other warm spices like cardamom, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and even apple pie or pumpkin pie spice mixes.
Lower or increase the heat: I enjoy a tip of heat from cayenne, however you can reduce or increase it as you like. You might likewise attempt various types of heat like chipotle powder, dashes of hot sauce and red pepper flakes.
Utilize various nuts: This is a candied pecans dish, however that should not stop you from switching the pecans for other nuts. Walnuts, cashews and hazelnuts are all exceptional choices. Or attempt a nut mix!
Eggless/ Vegan: Attempt ourstovetop method for making candied pecans That dish does not require any egg white.
More Easy Recipes
Crisp and Crunchy Candied Pecans
Crispy, crispy and salty-sweet, these candied pecans are constantly a hit. Wrap them up for presents, take pleasure in on their own or toss on top of salads and side meals.
Makes 4 cups
You Will Require
2/3 cup (133 grams) sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon great sea salt, see notes
4 teaspoons orange enthusiasm, optional
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg white, beaten
2 teaspoons water
4 cups (12 ounces) pecan halves
Heat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Sugarcoat, cinnamon, salt, orange enthusiasm, and the vanilla to a medium bowl. Utilize your fingers to rub the spices and cinnamon into the sugar.
In a little bowl, gently beat egg white with the water, and after that stir into the sugar mix. Include the nuts and stir up until they are well covered.
Spread the pecans into one layer on the baking sheet. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes and spreading out back into one layer. Enable the nuts to cool totally prior to disintegrating.
Adam and Joanne’s Tips
- Salt: 3/4 teaspoon of great sea salt makes these taste salty-sweet. If you ‘d choose to not taste the salt, minimize to 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Vegan/ Egg-free variation: Attempt our stovetop candied pecans recipe that does not require egg white.
- Nutrition truths: The nutrition truths supplied below are price quotes. We have actually utilized the USDA database to compute approximate worths.
Nutrition Per Portion: Serving Size 1/4 cup / Calories 183 / Overall Fat 15.3 g / Hydrogenated Fat 1.3 g / Cholesterol 0mg / Salt 112.6 mg / Carb 11.9 g / Dietary Fiber 2.4 g / Overall Sugars 9.2 g / Protein 2.2 g