WASHINGTON– U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos today called 10 principals as receivers of the2020 Terrel H. Bell Award for Outstanding School Leadership The 10 principals were picked from the 2020 mate of National Blue Ribbon Schools and will be honored throughout the National Blue Ribbon Schools virtual awards event on Nov. 12, 2020.
” Outstanding knowing environments are led by outstanding leaders– those going to believe innovatively and artistically about how finest to serve trainees and assistance instructors,” stated Secretary DeVos. “I’m honored to, as soon as again this year, acknowledge the skilled principals who are this year’s Bell Award winners. They are the ones leading required improvement at the most regional level and are dedicated to trainee success.”
Called for the 2nd U.S. Secretary of Education, the Bell Award honors school leaders who are dedicated to education as an effective and liberating force in individuals’s lives. The award becomes part of the National Blue Ribbon Schools Program. Principals are chosen by their school neighborhoods throughout the lasts of the National Blue Ribbon Schools application procedure.
The U.S. Department of Education, together with the National Association of Primary School Principals, the Association for Middle Level Education, and the National Association of Secondary School Principals, provide the Bell Awards to principals of National Blue Ribbon Schools for their exceptional work and the crucial function they play in directing their trainees and schools to quality, often under tough scenarios.
The 2020 receivers are:
- AR– Russellville– Crawford Primary School– Shavon Jackson
- CT– Danbury– South Street School– Carmen Vargas-Guevara
- DE– Seaford– Frederick Douglass Primary School– Carol Leveillee
- DC– Washington– Oyster-Adams Bilingual School– Mayra A. Cruz
- GA– Jonesboro– Martha Ellen Stilwell School of the Arts– Michael H. Robinson
- KY– Pewee Valley– Saint Aloysius School– Maryann Hayslip
- TN– Elizabethton– West Side Primary School– John Ross Wright Jr.
- TX– Austin– Reilly Primary School– Corrine Morris Saenz
- WA– Puyallup– Ridgecrest Primary School– Michelle M. Fox
Life Time of Management Award Receiver
- HI– Honolulu– King Liholiho Primary School– Christina Small
For more information about the National Blue Ribbon Schools Program and the Terrel H. Bell Awards, click here.